If you like to become a timberland valuation analyst at Weyerhaeuser – one of the biggest forest land owners in the United States, this position is just for you! Don’t hesitate and apply!
The primary focus of the position will be to conduct analyses on key valuation functions, including but not limited to:
- Financial modeling of acquisition and divestiture opportunities, including data analysis, collaboration with key Timberlands business leads, and utilization of proprietary timberland valuation tools
- Operation and improvement of proprietary financial and valuation models
- Assist with preparation of the annual report valuing the company’s combined timberland portfolio
- Support of strategic transactions, including due diligence items such as data room management, inventory review, and timberland market analysis.
The position will also support a number of ancillary Acquisition and Divestiture functions, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring the industrial timberland market and analyzing comparable sales
- Tracking and benchmarking performance of key acquisitions over time
- Tracking pricing metrics in strategic timber markets
- Assisting with competitor benchmarking and analysis
Qualifications of timberland valuation analyst
- Meets one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Finance or related discipline and a minimum of 1 year of related work experience
- Master’s degree in Forestry, Finance or related discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and organize tasks to create efficient workflow
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and critical thinker
- Occasional travel across the US
The salary range for this position will be $60,000 – $80,000 plus annual bonus.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.