Would you like to work at FSC as the European Region Development Officer, who will support the European Regional Director with a variety of tasks including research, analysis, project management and administration. Then, this job position is perfect for you! The deadline for applications is 02 April 2017.
Mission Statement / Objectives of the Function
The European Region Development Officer is supporting the European Regional Director with a variety of tasks including research, analysis, project management and administration. He/she will analyze and present clearly, the key trends, opportunities and challenges facing FSC in the European Region, collaborating with colleagues across FSC in Europe and thereby enabling the European Regional Director to make informed decisions on strategic developments across Europe.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide relevant insights into FSC’s position, opportunities and challenges across the European
Region, through collection and analysis of information from various data sources.
- To manage relevant European level projects, coordinating inputs from various partners as required
for successful delivery of European based projects.
- To coordinate the logistical and financial organization of European Network Meetings.
- To coordinate contracting requirements with external parties and the FSC legal team for the European
- To develop and implement an appropriate set of communication tools for the European Office to
inform, engage and support regional partners.
- To provide trademark support for clients in European countries that require service.
- To be an information point in Bonn for European Network Partners and relevant stakeholders
supporting them as necessary in agreement with the European Regional Director.
- Any other task as agreed with the European Regional Director.
Functional Attribution to Organizational Unit:
- Formal reporting: The European Region Development Officer reports to the Global Network Director.
- Functional reporting: The European Region Development Officer reports to the European Regional
- Formal and functional supervision of staff: The European Region Development Officer supervises
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate demonstrates the following key competencies and qualities:
Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. applied research and development,
market research, policy analysis, project management).
- Formal training in project management is a plus.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least one year of experience in a policy or market analytics role.
- Ability to present complex analysis in a clear and concise way (written and verbally).
- Experience with GIS datasets and other types of databases is a plus.
- Experience in designing and managing surveys is a plus.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of tasks
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Solution and service oriented attitude to work.
- Basic project management experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work.
- Administration skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Other European languages are desirable.
Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office), particularly MS EXCEL.
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relations Management) systems, e.g. Salesforce.
- Experience with Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts
and decision making.
- Active-listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
Terms and Conditions:
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: negotiable, but ideally part time – 32 hours per week (80%FTE).
- Duration of Employment: 2 years (extension possible).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply:
Please send your motivation letter (including your net salary expectation) and your CV in English as email attachments to Recruitment_2017_11@fsc.org Please do not send any photos and make sure to insert “European Region Development Officer (m/f) 201Y” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 02 April 2017.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at Recruitment@fsc.org We are looking forward to receiving your application! The FSC HR Team
More about FSC and other job opportunities at FSC you can read here: FSC CAREERS
2 thoughts on “JOB ALERT: European Region Development Officer at FSC”
sir i am degree holder person in forestry. also 6 years expirences in plywood manufacturing industries.
can I eligible for above post.
If you are fine with other requirements, I think you should try a luck and apply for above position. One of our fans on facebook, commented that there is no single word that this job is about forestry, and he is right. But, generally FSC specializes in forestry issues, so I think that your education and experience should fit their needs. All the best, Ayoub!